Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA - Med / Surg (3 Medical)
at Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Med / Surg (3 Medical)
- High School/GED
- AHA - BLS
- CNA - Certified Nurse Assistant
- 1 year of experience required
Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, provide supportive care to meet the needs of individual patients. Serves as a patient advocate within the health care system. Responsible for performing the daily comfort and care needs of patients, and performing or assisting nurses and other health care team members with patient care procedures and treatments. Assists with the safety, comfort, care, and treatment of patients according to established standards. Participates in the Hospital's Quality Improvement and Service Excellence programs. Demonstrates understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and adheres to policies and procedures of the department and organization.
- Minimum high school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Graduate of a certified Nursing Assistant program.
- A minimum of one year experience as a Nurse Aide is preferred.
- One year experience in acute hospital setting as a Nurse Aide is preferred.
- Current Nurse Aide certification through the Texas Department of Health required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Able to read, write and speak English.