Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18123886
The primary responsibility of this position is to perform the technical implementation of Hill-Rom Clinical Workflow Solutions products. Duties include software, hardware, and network and implementation activities, advanced IT
tasks (network design and topology, network integrations, etc.), and to provide oversight, training and direction to 3rd party contractor implementation activities. This role works closely with other members of the Implementation Team including Project Managers, Educational Services, and Sales to ensure customer satisfaction through the implementation process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
- Organize, manage, and lead multiple project implementations in a healthcare environment. Lead network architecture, system fail-over, and other technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required. Execute all installations per protocols.
- Manage and perform installation of Hill-Rom Clinical Workflow Solutions' and their partners' applications/systems. This primarily entails installing and configuring applications on servers and proprietary devices/hardware, configuring system networks and working with the customer's wired and wireless infrastructure to complete implementations.
- Provide oversight, training and direction to internal and external contractors as assigned during implementations to ensure installations meet HITS requirements. Lead small internal/contracted teams if assigned/needed.
- If applicable, perform site surveys, RF surveys, develop system integration plans using multiple vendor products, & coordinate with customer IT or MIS departments.
- Make recommendations on tuning and/or configuration of network/wireless environments to promote optimal performance and cohabitation of wireless and CWS applications
- Design and validate RF link performance, quality and reliability.
- Use measuring and diagnostic tools to test and adjust equipment.
- Participate in and/or lead cross-functional team resolving technical troubleshooting to resolution throughout the implementation process.
- Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained while considering business unit goals and fiscal responsibilities inclusive of utilization and billability guidelines.
- Complete, post and update system, network and server documentation in compliance with SOP, best practices and to ensure successful support of the system.
- Act as a technical liaison with all business partners and internal Hill-Rom stakeholders
- Work on and complete multiple projects and deliverables with very limited supervision and be able to work independently or in a small team environment.
- Work with customer IT departments to assess and evaluate network security needs and develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of specified customer servers and network topology. Understands back-end network security and Active Directory functionality.
- Work with internal R&D to provide feedback on application development and implementation rollout plan.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback both written and verbal to improve products and processes. Contribute to improvements and utilize internal tools such CRM, knowledge base, InfoCenter, etc.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Safety training, meeting and medical testing requirements are kept up-to-date. Operates safely and within guidelines or regulations. Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Effectively implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense reporting, maintenance of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
- Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required or equivalent experience of a minimum of 3-5 years of related network experience (wired or wireless)
- Advanced understanding of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, SQL, IIS server and associated networked systems.
- Detailed knowledge of common network protocols / architecture (TCP/IP, IP routing, the OSI model, VLAN) and their relevant security issues
- Detailed knowledge of common network protocols/architecture (TCP/IP, IP routing, OSI model, VLAN, etc), client/server networking environments and best practices, managed switches, VOIP, and network security.
- Excellent knowledge of WiFi wireless technologies with security protocols
- Basic VoIP and/or PBX telephony knowledge and basic configuration experience
- Experience in software or application architecture and/or consulting
- Willing and able to travel approximately 80%; however, when business necessitates, travel can be 100% and on short notice. May be required to work weekends or after hours to meet customer needs.
- Understanding of project management fundamentals and demonstrated history of executing projects.
- Ability to lead small teams with diverse technical skills during implementations as needed
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and have a valid driver's license.
- Candidates should possess strong oral, written communication skills to resolve complex network and server related issues into actionable concepts for customers to understand.
- Maintain a professional image and demonstrates a willingness to contribute at all levels.
- Strong organization skills, detail orientation and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Possess ability to work through issues and bring projects to completion; perform complex research, analysis, and troubleshooting; and resolve critical problems over sustained time durations in a logical manner.
- Experience configuring, setting up, and debugging PC-based systems.
- Preferred Certifications in the following:
- Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCDP or CCNP, CWLS, CWNA,
- Wireless certifications: CWNE, CWNP, CWSP, AWLAT, MNAWS, MNAWP, MNCE,
- General certifications: MCSE or MCSA, Network , Security
- May be required to demonstrate expertise in two or more of the following areas to support business needs:
- SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/Analytics (SAS Crystal, etc.)
- Networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Subnetting, Security)
- Enterprise level hardware (Server/Client OS, SANS, RAID)
- Middleware (Rhapsody, etc.)
- Wireless - Enterprise level/managed networks
- RF Principles
- Cisco routing and switching technologies and capabilities
- Experience conducting wireless site assessments, wireless network configuration, certification, and debugging (use of voice and data protocol analyzers.
Hill-Rom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity