Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hibbett Sports
The Financial Analyst supports the Company’s financial planning and analysis as well as investor relations functions. The Financial Analyst is responsible for extracting relevant financial data, calculating key operating metrics, developing financial projections independently as well as collaboratively with various business units, and communicating conclusions to business leaders in written and verbal formats. Sound professional judgment and strong communication skills are required for successful execution of the essential duties of this job position.
- Gather, organize, and present financial data to support optimal financial planning and forecasting decision making.
- Update the corporate financial budget in an accurate and timely manner.
- Compile and analyze financial reports and operational metrics. Using sound professional judgment, identify trends, anomalies, and discrepancies that require management attention. Present reliable conclusions to support management assessment of financial and operational performance.
- Build and maintain forecast models for the current state of business (projections) and for strategic initiatives under consideration (predictive).
- Provide period end reporting for executives and divisional managers. Implement improvements to period end reporting effectiveness.
- Foster strong relationships with business users, managers and executives with open communication and effective collaboration.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel models
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Participate in coordination and administration of the corporate risk management program including insurance matters.
- Develop presentations / reports (primarily in PowerPoint) to accurately reflect the state of the business to the Board of Directors, internal stakeholders, and investors.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance or Accounting and relevant financial experience required. Retail industry financial experience preferred. Strong data mining skills are critical. Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) skills and knowledge of data base query tools such as Access, SQL, and Business Objects are essential. Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across business units required. High degree of professional and personal standards, with unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Knowledge of Infor Lawson Financial System and JDA retail systems preferred. Ability to successfully work in small and large team environments as well as independently.