Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Contract Privacy and Legal Support Specialist
at Hibbett Sports
This job provides timely and effective legal support to the Legal Department, including the Vice President and General Counsel; Sr. Lease Negotiator; Associate General Counsel; and In-House Counsel. This includes overseeing and administering the Company’s contract lifecycle management solution, managing the Company’s data privacy software and related processes, assisting with litigation as needed, as well maintaining the flow of legal documents within the Legal Department.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed, with essential duties and responsibilities including the following:
- Work with the Sr. Lease Negotiator and Associate General Counsel to gather information from other departments within the Company as needed to address/respond to issues and documents handled within the Legal Department.
- Manage the contract process related to the Company’s contract lifecycle management solution to ensure that the Company’s established contract policies and procedures are followed. Administration of the solution shall include, but not be limited to, training new hires and contract requestors on the solution; reviewing all contract requests for requisite entity information, inclusion of sensitive information, and term limits; determining the appropriate assignment of contracts to individual members of the Legal Department; and driving the timely collection and accurate completion of all contract requests. Overseeing and actively managing the solution requires forward thinking and the ability to digest a large volume of contract requests. The ideal candidate will quickly become adept at the solution and constantly search for and offer ways to improve the usage of the tool and the Company’s contract process.
- Manage the data privacy software and related processes and be an eager learner about federal and multi-state privacy laws and consumer privacy rights. Similar to the administration of the Company’s lifecycle management solution, this position will require the candidate to train others on the solution; ensure the timely and complete response of the Company to consumer privacy requests; and become adept at the solution, offering and implementing ways to improve the usage of the tool and the Company’s consumer privacy rights process.
- Review subpoenas, requests for discovery and other litigation-related requests and work with In-House Counsel to draft appropriate response.
- Work with Associate General Counsel to stream-line routine contract requests and responses.
- Follow up, as needed, to ensure that the Company receives fully executed originals of SNDAs and Memorandum of Leases and receives payment of review fees.
- Record SNDAs and Memorandum of Leases upon receipt of the fully executed document, to include researching the various requirements of the applicable recording office and track the process to completion.
- Prepare various documents for execution on behalf of the Company and draft the appropriate cover letter for such documents.
- Mail/ship various documents to include scanning a copy of all such documents and tracking the delivery of such documents.
- Draft non-compete letters.
- Prepare certain quarter end reports to include co-tenancy provisions for the retail locations and the FIN 47 report.
- Send invoices for review fees if applicable based upon the language contained in the applicable lease.
- Scan, upload, to the appropriate electronic file/software, various legal documents and contracts.
- File various documents to the appropriate paper file and maintain those files in the established format.
- Performs general office duties for the Legal Department, including sorting mail for the Department, set up meetings as needed, order office supplies, send documents out via UPS or certified mail, and answer phone and route calls to the appropriate person within the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certification; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.