Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr Location Trainee
at Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Management - Entry-Level Management
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time
At Hertz, our Location Manager Trainees are the new wave direction to our Multi Brand future. Our LMT's are highly motivated, career seeking individuals eager to develop leadership skills and learn every aspect of rental car operations.
If you are searching for an entry level position with new challenges and rewards, Hertz offers exciting career opportunities to help get your career started.
In your position as a Location Manager Trainee, you will participate in our vigorous training and immersion program as you begin your journey with Hertz. You will rotate between the key areas of operations, learning the function and responsibilities of each, with an on-going focus on developing your people management skills. At the completion of your initial training program, you'll be given an opportunity to showcase your strong management foundation and knowledge of the business at a new location, as you prepare to journey on with Hertz!
To be a great Hertz Manager, you need:
- Commitment to developing and learning a wide variety of skills so that you can advance to higher levels at Hertz
- A desire to grow with Hertz including a willingness to live and work in a number of different cities throughout the United States
- A deep desire to work with and lead others as a team to build a business that is both fast paced and continually improving
- An ability to manage all aspects of the rental car business from Customer Service, Sales, Fleet Management, Maintenance, Vehicle Service, Vehicle Replenishment and Financial Analysis
- An ability to remain level headed and calm with both customers and employees as you assist them through challenging situations
- An ability to be a Hertz Brand Ambassador at all times as you seek to create a positive environment and solutions that generate continued customer and employee loyalty
Bachelor’s degree level is preferred (Associate level is accepted), but someone who is able to demonstrate the requisite behaviors and with the right level of experience (below) will also be considered.
- Proven track record of being an effective leader and coach to others.
- An operational background in car rental industry a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Attitude and the right behaviors are more important, as is the requisite level of capability to manage in a tough, fast moving operation.
- Previous experience of working in a unionized environment would also be an advantage.
- Strong management, communications, interpersonal relationship, customer service, problem solving, fleet management, and sales skills
- Strong planning and logistical skills
What We Offer:
- Full benefits after probationary period (Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, 401K)
- Room to grow within multi branded corporation - Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty, Firefly Car Rental
- Professional and Publicly respected environment
- Once program is completed your eligible to function as a full location manager which includes a complimentary company vehicle for personal use
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.