Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Sales
Job Reference #: 9447_1525992
Director of Sales
TownePlace Suites Auburn, Auburn, AL
Director of Sales Essential Responsibilities
* The Director of Sales develops and maintains marketing plan and sale budget with the General Manager. Develops market segment strategies to prospect business for the hotel.
* Provides sales training to front office staff as well as the sales coordinator and sales manager
* The Director of Sales participates in revenue management calls and strategies using STR Reports, demand analysis and other resources
* Schedules and completes sales appointments
* Attends business, community, and civic affair events in the local area
* The Director of Sales ensures teamwork and enhances cooperation between all departments
* Creates an effective sales team through training, mentoring, and participating in joint sales calls and blitzes
* Assists in rate and inventory strategy with FOM, GM and Revenue Manager
* Interviews, selects, trains, develops and administers performance appraisals
* The Director of Sales will negotiate hotel rates for LNR accounts based upon room night volume and day of week arrival/departure dates
* Secure group business for the hotel, blocking rooms, sending contracts and follow up on cut off dates
* Works with operations team to greet group events
* The Director of Sales assists guests with plans for meetings, schedules, and monitors meeting functions, conducts property tours and explains amenities
* Assists with follow up on room lists, direct bill and other requirements of previously booked business
* Assists with major group check-ins
* Coordinates with kitchen staff for any catered events
* The Director of Sales maintains sales files and ensures accurate entry in the sales system
* Organize work week to include a strong prospecting plan each week targeting business for need hotel dates.
* Facilitates inside sales leads and helps with a strategy to develop sales plans
* Follows company policies and procedures
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!