Graybar Electric Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Receiving Service Representative
at Graybar Electric Company
Graybar is currently seeking professionals to join our team and build their careers with an industry leader!
Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a fortune 500 company with $6 billion in annual revenues and a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking and security products and solutions. With 149 years of experience, 8300 employees strong and 290 locations across North America, Canada and Puerto Rico, we believe that no other company in our industry can match our experience, stability or reputation.
Our goal for success is simple. We listen to what our customers need, connect them to the right solution and then deliver on our word.
- Take an active role in selling Company goods and services; fill customer merchandise requirements, including the counter, using knowledge of products sold; suggest selections that meet customer needs; act as a resource for new or less experienced representatives.
- Coordinate the prompt handling of customer service requests including but not limited to order entry, pricing, expediting, billing, and order maintenance.
- Perform all shipping, receiving, and inventory maintenance duties; evaluate inventory requirements/levels, and take steps to maintain correct balance of merchandise.
- May perform Delivery Driver duties as needed; operate a light van or delivery vehicle to deliver customer orders; ensure that customers orders are delivered to meet customer expectations.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes; train new or less experienced representatives.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to operate and maneuver warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers' instructions and safety instructions.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment, including the ability to perform physical requirements, adapt to seasonal changes, significant temperature variations, and inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
- Ability to meet driving requirements indicated on Deliver Driver job description is required whenever the individual is assigned to operate a Company-required vehicle and/or whenever circumstances require that material handlers at the applicable location have the ability to operate a Company vehicle to cover emergencies, absences, or other business needs.
Preferred Job Requirements
- 4-5 years of experience preferred
- Four-year degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures and security regulations
- Knowledge of product lines and suppliers
- Knowledge of Company products, processes and procedures
- Computer skills
- Administrative skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Ability to work with customers at retail level
- Ability to evaluate products in terms of customer needs
- Ability to work cooperatively with other branch personnel
- Ability to handle a variety of customer situations with enthusiasm and tact
- Ability to successfully complete all Company training designed to comply with regulatory requirements
- Ability to perform physical requirements
Warehouse environment. May be some exposure to dust, heat or cold, and other seasonal changes.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) - http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf