Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JSEG Senior Stress Engineer
- Minimum Clearance Level Required to Start
Geocent's Aerospace & Defense Engineering Sector offers exciting and challenging opportunities in the Space and Missile Defense Industry. Geocent employees across the country subscribe to the company's culture of focusing on results when serving our large, diverse group of clients nationwide.
This position will support NASA Marshall Space Flight Center’s Advanced Concepts Office. The Advanced Concepts
Office at MSFC specializes in concept definition studies for space exploration. The office consists of a small multidiscipline design team that provides fully-integrated assessments of missions and vehicle system architectures.
Degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is desired. Degree in related fields will also be considered.
Typically, educational requirements are the equivalent of a Ph.D., with a minimum 14 years of experience, Masters with at least 18 years of experience, or BS with at least 20 years of experience.
- Proficiency in one or more of the major commercial finite element codes (e.g., FEMAP, PATRAN, NASTRAN, ABAQUS).
- Demonstrated experience in conceptual design
- Experience in the application of finite element methods and the assessment of failure mechanisms such as rupture, yield, buckling, and fatigue.
- Experience in analysis of joints containing mechanical fasteners or welds.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas
- Design space system to stress requirements for launch and on orbit mission
- Perform analysis to verify requirements are met
- Ability to work within an integrated design team and integrate various systems (avionics, power, thermal, GN&C, RCS systems) into an in-space propulsion stage/vehicle and supporting issue resolution.
- Ability to mature design through multiple design cycle phases.
- Highly motivated engineer able to perform tasks autonomously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required
- Demonstrated experience with cradle-to-grave design lifecycle
- Familiarity with CAD software packages with the ability to manipulate CAD
- Demonstrated experience with releasing CAD drawings
- Demonstrated experience with conceptual structural design
- Contemporary knowledge of industry standards for flight hardware
- Experience with design of main propulsion systems (MPS) hardware and components: Propellant tank design and manufacturing support knowledge (proven ability to support manufacturing); MPS feed line routing and main engine system integration
U.S. Citizen only for Federal Clearance Requirement