General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Test Engineer
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret Clearance is required at the time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Senior Test Engineer This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
The successful candidate for Senior Advanced Test Engineer will support our growing aviation-related business segments, executing software and system testing on ground and airborne systems. Primary responsibility is for developing and conducting functional and performance tests on hardware and software with basic knowledge of system tactical employment and optimization. The successful candidate must accurately document failures and corrective actions in accordance with proper procedures and expectations, and is capable of preparing timely, accurate, and complete data for comprehensive periodic status reports. The successful candidate must be able to provide support to the engineering staff as well as being able to build server stacks, image computers, support a virtual computing environment, develop and implement automated test capabilities and document, analyze, follow, and improve engineering quality assurance procedures. The successful candidate will apply software engineering skills in the analysis and troubleshooting of software under test to assist in root cause analysis of identified problems and develop recommended courses of action. He/she must demonstrate the potential and willingness to acquire and develop additional skills as our portfolio increases. This position may require travel for periods up to two weeks in duration.
- Knowledgeable in creating and maintaining VMware virtual environments. VMware certifications preferred.
- Strongly desire relevant experience with Army Mission Command applications with specific TAIS experience in installations, interactions, tactical employment and troubleshooting preferred.
- Strongly desired experience in automated testing, to include test script development using common scripting languages.
- Desire previous experience conducting Aerospace Software Verification and Validation activities as per DO-178C.
- Capable of writing and maintaining test documentation in accordance with standard policies and procedures.
- System installation and administration of Windows based servers/clients and networks. Microsoft Certifications preferred.
- Technical proficiency with multiple Microsoft Operating Systems, Visual Studio, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge in maintaining and optimizing server stacks with multiple servers and network storage devices.
- Maintains records, compiles reports, graphs, charts and related data in support of projects.
- Documents and disseminates relevant system information.
- Ability to listen effectively, and adapt to changing requirements.