GA Foods (Sunmeadow)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Delivery Driver-Orrville
at GA Foods (Sunmeadow)
- Orrville, AL, USA
- Full Time
For forty years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to meet the needs of our ever-changing customer base. We offer a true start-to-finish nutritious meal solution servicing the special needs of seniors, children, military, emergency response and large event catering. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with a state-of-the-art call center, unwavering customer support and delivery service unmatched by the competition.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from Iowa to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing firms in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.
GA Foods is hiring Lead Delivery Driver to assist with managing driver staff at our Orrville location. The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in delivery driving and team leadership. We are an established, yet growing company who is starting operations statewide in Alabama on October 1st. We will need the Lead Driver to start in September and assist the Unit Manager in set-up of operations for this kitchen prior to that date.
General Purpose of Lead Delivery Driver
Primary responsibility of Lead Delivery Driver is to resolve and prevent route/delivery issues. Will oversee and coordinate the handling, storage and delivery of meals to client sites from assigned distribution point, as well as oversee training, supervision and provide support to Driver staff and management as needed. Embrace the company's values, vision and mission as One Team.
Essential Lead Delivery Driver Duties
Including but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and resolve route issues
- Assured shortages/routes are covered as required
- Assign routing and offer driver assistance as needed
- Oversee fleet maintenance to assure continuous delivery
- Assure meals are delivered according to contract and company specifications
- Communicate with Office and Care Center as appropriate regarding shortage runs and other customer service issues
- Assure meals according to route by specified delivery times; Oversee orientation and training of new hires and existing staff
- Report according to internal as well as customer requirements, deficiencies to Regional Management and agency(s)
- Assure within standards, Vehicle and Equipment cleanliness
- Compile and produce reports as required
- Ensure food safety and other compliance/regulatory requirements
- Provide support to management
- Assure proper handling and storage of incoming and outbound meal deliveries
- Supervise and provide support to staff
- Other duties assigned by management
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- Valid Class D AL Drivers License, No DUI in last 5 yrs., 0-4 Current Pts.
- Current DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Customer Service
- Distribution, Supervisory and Team Building Skills
- Good Computer Skills (MS Office, Windows, Excel)
- 3 years prior route delivery/distribution exp. Preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Current ServSafe Food Safety Certification
- Familiar with GPS and Tablet technologies
- Prior experience with routing and scheduling of deliveries
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer