East Alabama Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
REGISTERED NURSE - Endoscopy
at East Alabama Medical Center
7A-3P Mon-Friday, days vary, rotating call required
EAMC is currently seeking a FLEX RN to join the Endoscopy team!
This a unique staffing opportunity allowing you to receive full-time benefits.
At least one year of Endoscopy experience HIGHLY preferred.
We offer excellent benefits and a great work environment including:
· Excellent health benefits
· Open-door culture and family atmosphere
· RN Continuing Education paid for by EAMC
· Retirement plan match ($.75 per $1 up to 6%)
· College savings plan match
· On-site Daycare
· Professional and leadership development opportunities
· Recognition events
Description: Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education. Utilizes standards, guidelines, protocols, or pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Administers Medications according to standard nursing practice. Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development.
Qualifications: Recent hospital experience and/or previous nursing practice experience preferred. Endoscopy and/or Critical Care experience highly preferred. Graduate of a school of nursing. Registered Nursing License, CPR required. Critical Care experience highly preferred.
RN – FLEX Position Expectations:
· FLEX employees will be considered full time employees with a guaranteed minimum schedule of 12 hours per week. FLEX employees will be eligible for all full-time benefits offered by EAMC as long as guidelines/expectations are met
· Expected to be available to work 12 to 40 hours per week.
· Must work when scheduled.
· May receive schedule changes/adjustments with a 48 hr. notice
· Expected to check the work schedule regularly for any schedule changes.
· While FLEX staff may float to sister units, they are considered part of the core staffing for their home department. The home department is considered priority.
· FLEX staff may refuse a schedule assignment only 5 times within a year before losing FLEX staff status. Upon the fifth refusal, the employee will lose their full-time benefits and be converted to per diem status.
FLEX staff may be assigned to other units in which they are competent if they are not needed in their home department