Digital Management, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Digital Management, inc
- Job ID
- Infrastructure Support
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, including mobile strategy, mobile UX and app solutions, omni-channel commerce, mobile brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices all around the world. The company has been named one of the Top 2014 Workplaces in the Washington DC area by the Washington Post, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www.dminc.com.
About the Opportunity
About the Opportunity
Digital Management, Inc. (DMI) is seeking a full time System Administrator (SA) to support our Navy customer located in Huntsville AL.
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support GIS infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or 5 Years’ experience as system administrator
- Windows 2003/2008 System Administration
- CompTIA Security+CE
- Team Player
- MCSE or MCP in Windows 2012
- Valid Secret clearance
- MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- MCP Microsoft Certified Professional (2000 or 2003 or 2008 only)
- MCSA Microsoft Certified System Administrator
- MCSE Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
Physical Requirements: N/A
Location: Huntsville, AL
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.