Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dexter Axle
- Job ID
- # Positions
Rockwell American, a Dexter company, the premier supplier and manufacturer of axles, doors, venting products and related components in the utility trailer, boat trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty and manufactured housing markets, has an opportunity for a Warehouse Associate at our distribution facility in Irondale, Alabama.
Dexter has been a leading manufacturer of trailer axles, brakes and actuation, along with entrance door and venting products for over 50 years serving the utility trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty, manufactured housing, agricultural, marine, and specialty markets. Dexter is headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana employing over 2,800 people and operating 18 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and Canada (Indiana, Georgia, Oklahoma, California, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Utah, Ontario, and Alberta). Dexter has achieved its many years of success through a commitment to the principles of superior quality, continuous improvement, and unparalleled customer service. Dexter is a wholly owned subsidiary of DexKo Global, Inc.
For more information about our company, access Dexter's web site at www.dexteraxle.com.
Dexter offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Dexter’s benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) Plan with company contributions.
Perform daily warehouse operation of preparing product for distribution. Drive company vehicle for local deliveries.
- Contributes to team effort with Sales department to provide excellent customer service.
- Operate forklift to load, unload, move, stack, stage, and count product and materials.
- Pick merchandise accurately from pick tickets.
- Pack orders in manner to insure complete and undamaged delivery.
- Prepare shipments for LTL and UPS shipping using established programs.
- Receive and process incoming products in an organized manner.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat.
- Be able to follow all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Strap and secure loads for delivery.
- Maintain good driving record to operate company vehicle.
- Perform duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be dependable with a good attendance history and be accident free, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision and basic computer skills. Be able to complete forklift certification. Ability to lift up to 70lbs. Must have driver's license with clean driving record.