Delta T Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Nurse (LPN)
at Delta T Group
Job Reference #: 1786793
Categories: Healthcare - LPNs & LVNs, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
- Associates Degree
- Nursing Experience
- Drivers License, Lpn Lic Practical Nurse, Cpr Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation 2, First Aid 2
Delta T Group is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse for an opportunity at a 20 Bed Residential Facility for Girls. It is a small and close knit department that provides an engaging work environment.
- Schedule student's medical appointments.
- Review consult forms and refer to consulting physician for further care.
- Order medications.
- End of month doctors’ orders (MAR).
- Organize shift report, present in shift change.
- Attends meetings such as in-service, student care meetings, nursing meetings, and staff meetings as directed by Supervisor and uses own initiative.
- Monitor students using student record and contact sheets; Doctor's orders and instructions; nursing policies and facility directive, in order to ensure continuity of student care and to initiate appropriate action.
- Provides emergency life support to students and staff in life threatening situations using basic life support measures.
- Administers prescribed student medication using standard nursing procedures and following Doctor's orders via oral and written instructions. Administration of medication is properly documented in accordance with program policy and procedure manual.
- Document on program forms as necessary in a neat and legible manner using only black ink. Forms should be completed and routed as noted in program directives and contain appropriate information.
- Gathers and exchanges information with Doctor and other disciplines in an accurate, prompt, and concise manner.
- Examines students thoroughly and in accordance with standard nursing procedures using stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, tongue blades, penlights, thermometer; reviews tests, lab results, past health findings and health records in order to establish physical status of student. Documents completed assessment/screening immediately in student's record.
- Transcribes physical orders using Doctor Order Sheet in order to make available information from the physician to other pertinent staff. Transcription of orders should be accurate using approved abbreviations. Transcriptions are completed on same day of order and in accordance with program directives.
- Serves on the designated committees as assigned by Clinical Director or Executive Director.
- Other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor, the Clinical Director, Executive Director, or Health Authority.
- Supports by action and example the Sequel TSI Creed.
- Adherence and participation in the safety program
- Adheres to Sequel TSI policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI).
Must have skills and experience:
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
What’s In IT For You?
- By working as a contractor with us, you get to pick which assignments are best for your schedule. We offer flexible per-diem schedules to 40-hour schedules. You provide us with what your availability is, and we will match you with work.
LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
1099 Independent Contractor
Delta-T Group, Inc. - PAR
Contract Submit PAR
Phone: 800-251-9501 -- Fax: 610-527-0830
950 Haverford RoadSuite 200Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Each Delta-T company is separately incorporated. Delta-T Group is a referral agency. Registering with Delta-T Group is not a guarantee that opportunities will be available and/or located. All professionals contracting through Delta-T Group are classified and compensated as self-employed independent contractors.
DeltaTGroup.com We work for you.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!