DCH Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Programmer Analyst
at DCH Health System
Tuscaloosa County (Tuscaloosa or Northport)
Full-time Exempt (80 hours biweekly) ~ Benefited
On Call Coverage:
Other Schedule Comments:
Full Time Equivalent:
1.0 (est. 80 hours bi-weekly)
Posting End Date:
Posting End Date Details: Posting will be removed from website at 12:01 AM on the date listed above. All applications must be received before the date listed above. If no Posting End Date is listed, then the posting will be removed when we receive a predetermined number of qualified applicants.
Application to Similar Positions: Please apply to all positions for which you are interested and qualified. This may include multiple positions with similar titles or descriptions. Applicants will only be considered for the specific positions for which they apply.
Serves as a primary resource for development related project planning and support with special focus on high-end solutions, advanced reporting, and business intelligence. Responsible for delivering solutions using .NET applications or NPR and Magic technologies. Provides solutions by evaluating, recommending, configuring, and installing technology to meet complex customer requirements. Manages resources and projects to effectively implement systems per department standards. Serves as a technical advisor for assisting in the development and implementation of standards, new technologies, and best practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for development, implementation, and planning utilizing technology consistent with customer requirements and industry standards, especially those involving advanced technology and/or development.
- Design, architect, build, test and deploy advanced reporting, dashboards, and web applications using ASP.NET / C# or NPR / Magic.
- Design, architect, build, test and deploy database applications.
- Requirements gathering and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Formal educational background in either Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Develops new programs of advanced complexity and scope, working with basic application system design practices (SDLC).
- Acts as resource and mentor to junior team members.
- Acquires clinical healthcare knowledge on processes and department functions across various areas of the enterprise to the extent required by position and projects.
- Develops and implements cost savings and performance improvement processes.
- Participates in on-call coverage when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A minimum of 5 years of SQL Server (version 2005 or higher) database development including stored procedures, views, indexing, functions, and BIDS related experience OR 5 years of ASP.NET experience (Preferably using C#) OR 5 years of NPR/Magic experience including expertise in Meditech’s data structure is REQUIRED.
- Bachelor’s degree and Healthcare IS development experience is preferred.
- Microsoft .NET and SQL certifications OR formal NPR/Magic training are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to make formal presentations required.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak, and comprehend English.
Demonstrates advanced or expert skills in the following:
- Skill in systems analysis, systems design techniques, project management, financial and clinical applications.
- Working with and maintaining large datasets.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Ability to travel to all Health System facilities. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical presence onsite is essential.