Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Director, Pharmacy Delivery and Innovation (WFH/Telework possible)
at CVS Health
As the Senior Director of Pharmacy and Local Care Optimization and as a part of Transformation’s Common Chronic Disease Optimization team, you will focus on delivering significant enterprise value at the cross section of health insurance coverage, pharmacy benefits and retail pharmacy. This leader will be responsible to develop and execute a portfolio of initiatives which will drive $100M+ enterprise EBIT over three years. The specific work is to demonstrate our purpose of helping people on their path to better health through the delivery of care locally via business-to-business products and direct-to-consumer initiatives.
This leader will work with leaders from all lines of business within CVS Health (Medicare, Medicaid, Health Plan Commercial, PBM Employer and Health Plan), payor agnostic partners through Retail Payor Relations (PBMs and Health Plans) and Provider groups to identify and take action upon opportunities to lower medical costs, grow enterprise revenue, and improve member health outcomes and experience. Value will be delivered primarily through the ability to reach, engage, empower and influence patients to take actionable and important steps to improve their health through their current providers and our Pharmacy, MinuteClinic, HealthHUB, Virtual and Digital assets.
To support the development and on-going expansion of the growth portfolio, this leader has a dedicated enterprise analytics team and finance support as well as access to clinical expertise. To deliver measurable results and outcomes this leader will assemble agile cross-functional teams made up of project management, product owners, her own team, channel decision-makers, embedded dedicated resources within channels and support functions to translate clinical, financial and experiential goals into actionable and measureable patient experiences, project milestones and detailed action plans.
This leader will be responsible to regularly report upon portfolio and initiative progress towards milestones, leading indicators of success and outcomes to Transformation leadership, CVS Health Executives and key stakeholders.
Given the nature of this Transformation work this leader will encounter the need to develop new or enhanced enterprise process as the leader will be making links and connections across teams and technical systems that traditionally have not been connected. As such, it may often be the case that there is not an existing playbook that outlines all necessary steps to move a concept from ideation all the way through implementation. This may involve the development of governance structures, enhanced internal communication, technical connections and process innovations to accomplish the implementation of an initiative.
This role is at the heart of the CVS Health Transformation effort, directly impacts our ability as a company to demonstrate our purpose and will provide the chosen leader with an unmatched experience to take advantage of CVS Health’s broad array of assets and capabilities. We’re excited for this work - so we look forward to working with somebody who shares our passion and enthusiasm for Transformation and to deliver measurable outcomes for the healthcare consumer and clients!
* 10+ years of experience within the healthcare industry, specifically supporting Common Chronic disease management or a similar industry or work focus
* 6+ years of demonstrated direct people leadership experience, managing teams across multiple locations and functions
?? 4+ years of consulting or related high-level analytical or strategy experience within an operational environment
* Highly developed relationship-building and influencing skills to foster effective working relationships across the team and the organization
* Ability to personally and lead teams to effectively communicate concepts through written and visual content is a must
* Ability to personally and lead colleagues to develop business plans
* Ability to evaluate the quality of financial models and business plans, to provide feedback to enterprise analytics partners on how to complete or enhance the model
* You’re a leader. And you know that that means more than leading people. You know that it means taking initiative with a projectanticipating the next steps and taking action before asked. You also know the criticality of influencing senior leaders.
* You enjoy solving complex problems. If you don’t know how to do something, you work to find the answers. You don’t get frustrated easily when something doesn’t go the way you planned.
* Experience leading cross-functional, highly matrixed teams using videoconferencing, document collaboration and other tools
* You can take complicated concepts and communicate them effectively to a variety of audiences. You pay attention to the details and a have strategic vision. You can articulate your thoughts eloquently. You have a track record of successfully influencing senior leadership and clients.
* You enjoy working in teams with a diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. You get satisfaction from mentoring junior team members and seeing them succeed. You listen to others’ ideas with an open mind, but are successful at impacting and influencing others.
* You value innovation. You are comfortable questioning the status quo. You are willing to take calculated risks. You are always looking for new ways to improve existing processes.
* You are self-motivated. You are eager to step up and take on new and exciting challenges. You take ownership of your work and your team’s work. You pay attention to the details. You notice that the phrase "You pay attention to the details" was used twice in this job description.
* You are passionate about working to improve the health outcomes of CVS Health patients. You recognize that transformational change in health care doesn’t happen overnight and you are committed to making a difference one step at a time.
* You take charge of your own career growth and development. You have lofty goals and you see how this position will help you get there. You are more than willing to help others get there too.
* You’re interested in tracking how the industry is evolving and like understanding the intricacies of it. You enjoy spending your weekends reading the health section of the paper or listening to healthcare podcasts.
* Some travel required to support the execution and oversight of pilot tests in local markets, to meet with clients and to meet with CVS Health teams
* This role requires the management of colleagues across multiple time zones and the delivery of work product to meet deadlines that have been communicated to clients and external stakeholders. As such, the leader is responsible to have flexibility to meet with others and perform work outside of traditional business hours in the time zone where the leader is located. CVS Health believes in work life balance and expects that said leader would make plans to avoid working excess long hours yet requires flexibility in this evolving workplace environment
* Behavioral Economics: how to influence people to make choices to improve their health or other life situations
* Consumer Health Digital Solutions: expertise in the development of digital solutions to empower the consumer
* Agile for business for the purposes of shortening the time between idea and implementation
* Defining test and learn cohorts and measurement methods to evaluate multiple solution options simultaneously
* Using rewards and incentives both financial and non-financial to motivate patient/customer behavior
* Building agile digital solutions to gain customer experience with adoption and behavior change
* Perform market analysis to evaluate our portfolio for gaps and key differentiators
* Lead the development of video and podcasts to influence colleague, client and customer behavior
Bachelor Degree Required
Masters Degree Preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.