Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Director Divisional Merchandising (DMM)- General Merchandise
at CVS Health
Does being on the inside of a transformational organization sound exciting to you? Well, read on! Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all!
The Sr. Director, Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM), General Merchandise is responsible for fully managing assigned portfolios, the respective P&L’s and a team of highly motivated colleagues within the General Merchandise (GM) business unit. The DMM has full responsibility for setting the strategic direction for the portfolios, attaining budgeted sales, budgeted margin, market share growth and developing high performing teams.
The DMM will be responsible for the following businesses (~$1.8B in sales): Seasonal Decor, Electronics, Stationery, Batteries, Toys, and Apparel.
This portfolio will evolve based on strategic direction and other business needs. The DMM has 3 direct reports and leads a total team of 10 colleagues.
This position will be located in Woonsocket, Rhode Island.
Willingness to travel up to 30%, including internationally.
* Develop growth strategies for portfolios and oversee the development of Category strategies, rooted in a deep understanding of the customer and competitive trends. Foster innovation by bringing ideas to market quickly while balancing growth potential against financial risk
* Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned portfolios by attaining market share growth. Managing all profit and loss targets to include but not limited to: sales, contribution margin, inventory turns, funding, etc.
* Build and develop high performing team identifying and selecting the most effective associates based on their skill set. Develop performance measures and goals which meet CVS strategic plans. Measuring, monitoring and holding associates accountable to goals. Provide timely and constructive feedback which place associates on a path to success while meeting corporate objectives
* Vendor management to include:
o collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating with manufacturers/vendors to ensure strategies are aligned to drive profitable sales;
o managing CVS dedicated external direct import resources in the US and Asia to develop and manage all aspects of the oversea buying process, particularly for Summer and Holidays: this includes expanding vendor base reach into new developing countries
* Manage the seasonal space allocation process across all seasons (Valentine, Easter, Summer/Back-to-school, Halloween, Holidays) for all Front Store BUs
* Develop, test and scale alternative models (including outsourcing and partnerships) for seasonal space allocation with the objective of continuously increase productivity of each season: this includes regional opportunities and creation of new mini-seasons
* Develop and cultivate effective internal partnerships with CVS support areas of Digital, Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design, Store Operations, Loyalty & Personalization and the Field
* Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors.
* 10+ years’ experience in retail or consumer packaged goods (experience in retail merchandising and/or management consulting a plus)
* 5+ years’ experience managing a team
* Experience owning a P&L
* Working knowledge of modern merchandising tools and systems (promotions, assortment, pricing, optimization, etc)
* Proven track record of driving transformational performance in a retail business through the implementation of innovative strategies to drive sales and margin
* Retail consulting experience
* Experience in directly sourcing seasonal products in Asia and other developing markets
Bachelor's Degree from leading institution, MBA preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.