Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Care Coordinator
at CVS Health
Join the Coram/CVS team as a Patient Intake Coordinator and you will support the South Atlantic team with the initial admission of patients onto service with the Company. In this role, you will maintain communication and workflow between the branch, Sales staff, Insurance Verification team, and referral sources, helping to ensure new patients are receiving excellent care while on our services.
As a Patient Intake Coordinator you will
* Process orders from referral sources and patients, responding to phone and fax inquiries, and resolving patient complaints.
* Assess patient needs and document referral requests for coordination of care.
* Provide information pertaining to equipment supplies and services to applicable departments in order to bring a patient on service with the Company.
* Coordinate with the Insurance Verification Team to process patient details and collect benefit coverage information.
* Relaying insurance coverage to referral sources and patients and discuss forms required for billing with patients.
This is a full-time, permanent, benefited position and is NOT through an agency. Typical work hours for this role are Monday - Friday, 10AM - 7PM, with an opportunity for over-time per business need.
Challenge your healthcare training or current administration knowledge and customer services skills to make a difference in a patient’s life by supporting new patient referrals and admissions. Individuals who can balance compassion and kindness with professionalism and customer service will thrive in this position. Become part of the CVS Health family by joining a growing sector of the healthcare industry, offering a rewarding career and opportunity for advancement.
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a Fortune 7 company and national leader in the home infusion and enteral fields. This is uniquely rewarding opportunity putting your skills and experiences to work supporting an innovative specialty pharmacy operation.
Learn more about us: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare or https://www.youtube.com/user/CVSPharmacyVideos
Intake, admissions, patient, administrative, benefits, referrals, medical supplies, medical equipment, demographics, insurance, insurance verification, intake coordinator, patient access representative
* Minimum two years experience in customer service.
* Minimum two years experience in healthcare.
* Minimum one year experience working in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word.
* Experience working with healthcare insurance.
* Experience with medical terminology.
* Experience working in a pharmacy setting.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
* Strong attention to detail.
Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.