Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager (Oil, Gas and Chemical)
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleBusiness Development Manager (Oil, Gas and Chemical)
APTIM currently has an opening for an experience Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will support and guide the development of effective capture strategies for targeted opportunities and be able to increase sales across our chosen end markets.
- Identify and build a team of sales and account focused professionals to grow APTIM's business.
- Bring, and manage, key client relationships, as well as provide executive sponsorship for some clients. Travel with account leaders to meetings with clients and partners to develop strategic relationships. Manage overall client expectations and contribute to a high level of client satisfaction.
- Lead growth strategy development for the SBU.
- Leads and/or supports capture teams in pursuit planning; development of win themes; and preparation of compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Develops and maintains long-lasting and meaningful relationships with clients as well as industry teaming partners; collaborating to find solutions to challenging infrastructure projects and organizational issues.
- Play an active part in the management team and collaborate with other executive peers to support the strategic direction of the Company.
- Monitors market conditions, innovations and trends, and competitors' performance, pricing and sales strategies to maximize competitive stance
- Identify and develop new business and revenue streams from new and previously under-explored and under-developed initiatives and/or accounts.
- Supports marketing, sales of large multimillion dollar projects/programs, teaming partnerships and client engagement activities to implement business development initiatives.
- Leads company capabilities presentations with customers.
- Participation in industry and client organizations, trade shows, etc. as a strategic part of client development
- Develop client relationships through face to face meetings and client entertainment
- Assist APTIM leadership with developing deep client relationships
- Work with Marketing Manager in the development of collateral pieces and client submittals, as needed
- Work with Operations and Project staff to enhance the company's profit and client relationships across Operations and Project staffing levels
- Maintain infrastructure and systems to support the success of the business development program. Lead by example in use of CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Be responsible for detailed and accurate sales and revenue forecasts (including secured and potential sales, strategic opportunities, competitive analysis, course corrections, market trends, etc.).
- Maintain a culture of success, including highly-visible leadership by example; firm professional expectations; discipline in sales process, policy, and pipeline; regular professional development; and collaboration across teams.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Be proficient in negotiating contracts (with the support of the legal team) with clients and partners.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Outstanding communicator with a record of executing sales and business plans.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve established business and sales objectives, and to create a culture of achievement and professionalism.
- Experience with running a business, including some level of financial expertise.
- Ability to cultivate company culture.
- Must have proven track record of business development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills expected
- Travel as necessary to perform duties
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Marketing or similar fields.
- Must have at least 10 years of industry experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of Business Development or Planning experience in the targeted markets
- Has in-depth expertise in own discipline and knowledge of the related disciplines
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs to identify solutions
- Interprets business issues and adapts work priorities in own area
- Manages budget for own area and allocates resources accordingly
- Explains difficult concepts and persuades others to adopt a point of view
With approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, APTIM provides integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure, EPC services, program management, disaster response and recovery, resiliency planning, and energy management services for private sector and government customers. Our innovative and cost-effective solutions help our clients mitigate risk while improving the quality of life for people around the world.