Central States Manufacturing
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Central States Manufacturing
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: c3aa4a5e-ac7c-4118-8ac9-1c0492a08703
Categories: Manufacturing/Production, Healthcare - Support Services, IT - Computer Services & Support
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the operation and personnel of the trim department.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Follow all plant safety procedures and use all applicable personal protective gear.
- Operate machinery required in a same manner and produce trim products on the shearing, bending (Jorns and RAS), and other machines, as assigned.
- Complete all daily orders within the area you are working.
- Meet or exceed area goals established for production, scrap, and Return Material Authorization (RMA).
- Clean work area daily (sweep floors, empty trash, stack pallets, etc.).
- Perform all quality checks and ensure the highest quality in produced items.
- Cross-train as directed and be willing to work at any production position in the plant.
- Complete all other tasks as required or assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or upper management.
- Work in two-man teams as instructed by trim lead person.
- Double count all pieces before wrapping.
- Double check color and profile on all pieces before wrapping.
- All routes that are complete must be stacked in reverse drop order
- Maintain adequate amounts of flats in stock racks.
- Complete all orders that require running flats for that day's trucks (10 or more).
- Slit out-of-stock trim when required.
- Provide training to employees requiring such on an as needed basis.
- Recoil when needed.
- Assist in other areas of plant as needed.
- Clean up work area daily (Sweep floor, empty trash).
- Follow all safety rules.
- Additional duties assigned by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
- Self-starter with a high demand for quality and possess a sense of urgency.
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts.
- Demonstrated support of company goals, values and mission statement.
- Self-starter with High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
- Ability to learn production operations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to twist, bend and reach to perform job duties.
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Follow procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Be detailed and customer oriented.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning System.