Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PT Group Fitness Instructor
at CenterState Bank
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Instructors - Group Fitness Instructors
CENTERS is a management company that specializes in campus recreation. We partner with universities to manage their departments, facilities, finances, and deliver exceptional customer service. Since 1998, CENTERS remains the first and only mission centric organization committed to student development and departmental excellence on behalf of its clients. CENTERS is currently operating university campus recreation centers at ten site locations within the United States.
- Provide quality fitness instruction to all class participants and potential class participants, regardless of ability level, fitness level, experience, appearance, or otherwise.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor through phone, email, or in person.
- Enforce all program policies and procedures as related to the class.
- Enforce all facility policies and procedures, and assist as needed during emergencies.
- Maintain accurate records as assigned, and submit reports to supervisor.
- Attend all group fitness staff meetings and other department meetings as directed.
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications and complete all audit skills testing.
- Maintain certification in desired fitness class, or obtain certification by August 2018. Examples include: ACE Primary Group Fitness Instructor, ACSM Group Exercise Instructor, AFAA Primary Group Fitness Instructor, Madd Dogg Spinning Instructor, Pilates Method Alliance, Zumba, Yoga Alliance, Les Mills, TRX, Silver Sneakers, Martial Arts, etc., and approved in-house standards testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience teaching group fitness classes
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/AED and First Aid certifications and nationally recognized, group fitness certification
- Instructional and class management skills
- Leadership and motivational abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm
- Excellent organizational, and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of standard practices in fitness and recreational areas
- Ability to thrive in an environment that values high expectations, accountability, and balanced lifestyles
- Possess current accredited group fitness certification from a professional organization recognized by the National Commission of Certifying Agencies (NCCA)
- Proficiency with audio/visual equipment.
- Basic computer competency
- Ability to handle customer service issues as related to fitness activity
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons and professional staff
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively and efficiently
Internal contacts include staff at all levels. External contacts include external customers and vendors. Contact involves troubleshooting, informing, exchanging information, negotiating, making recommendations, and giving information or instructions.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Fitness studios or areas with loud music and noise
- Early morning, evening or weekend work as assigned
- Extended periods of time standing, jumping, swiftly moving, and other general physical movements
- Eye-hand coordination
- Hearing and talking
- Extended periods of activity and communicating