Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior System Engineer (C3BM)
- 11-Jul-2019 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
At Canvas, we connect a passion for going beyond the expected with the knowledge and expertise to deliver what our customers need now and in the future. We are currently looking for a creative and talented Senior System Engineer to share their knowledge and expertise with our growing team and government customer!
Senior System Engineer needed to support the C3BMC engineering efforts, including future concepts, new functionality and multi-national exchange designs, and engaging in C2BMC technical engineering and integration. The individual will participate in the transition of C3BMC capability from development to test infrastructure for verification of requirements, including cycle product-level verification testing. Will participate in capability planning, trade studies, engineering change proposal (ECP) analysis, integration, modeling, verification, core standards analysis, information assurance, reliability assessments, and technical baseline reviews. Assist with strategies, plans, schedules, risk analysis and vulnerability processes. Will serve as the BC Directorate liaison for assigned activities; and participate in working groups, boards, audits, reviews, internal and external meetings, and Warfighter forums.
- Participate in technical baseline efforts to develop specifications and interfaces for current and future C3BMC spirals.
- Prepare assessments and reports regarding C2BMC and BOA spiral requirements, specifications, and capability, including trace activities between system-level requirements and subsystem-level requirements; communications; interface controls; interoperability; and operations.
- Support engineering product development within the agile software development environment.
- Engage in follow-on actions such as documentation reviews, informational updates, and technical assessments for the OWG, BRWG, ICWGs, RAMWGs, SEIC and ISG.
- Support development of key products such as: C2BMC Build D Specification Assessment; BOA Build D Specification Assessment; Spiral Capability Verification Plan Assessment; Spiral Capability Assessment Report Assessment; Spiral Content Document Assessment; BMDS Communications Network Implementation Specification Assessment; BOA Spiral Specification Assessment; C2BMC Spiral Specification Assessment; C2BMC Build D Interface Control Document (ICD) Assessment; C2BMC Build D ICD Assessment; BOA Build D ICD Assessment; C3BM External ICD Assessment; OWG Summary Reports; BRWG Summary Reports; ICG Summary Reports; Interoperability Technical Analysis Group (ITAG) Summary Reports; Interface Verification Working Group Summary Reports; SEIC Summary Reports; ISG Summary Reports.
- Support activities directed by the BCE and BC Chief Engineers.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Proficiency in system engineering and execution processes, familiarity with MDA/Government engineering processes and databases a plus.
- Familiar with Agile Software Development processes and product development timelines.
- Familiarity with Missile Defense Agency Ballistic Missile Defense System and/or C3BMC Program Office efforts. MDA or military experience are a plus.
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic environment; apply network engineering and solutions to support real-world test, integration and operations; develop and present reports and presentations to senior management; and works within a collaborative environment composed of Government Contractor personnel in a badge-less environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field
- Active Secret Clearance
Canvas, Inc., a Huntsville based woman-owned small business, takes pride in focusing on what matters most our employees. Founded in 2007, Canvas provides services to a diverse group of customers in the areas of Test and Evaluation, Engineering Services, Program & Acquisition Management, and Product Integration. Canvas was named the Government Contracting Technology Business of the Year (2018) and Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year (2018) by the Huntsville/Madison Chamber of Commerce.
Canvas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.