|Department: Finance and Accounting ||Job Status: Full Time |
|FLSA Status: Exempt ||Reports To: Accounting Manager |
|Grade/Level: ||Amount of Travel Required: Up to 10% |
|Job Type: Regular ||Positions Supervised: None |
|Work Schedule:|| |
|8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday || |
|Buffalo Rock is an award-winning Pepsi-Cola Bottler founded in Birmingham, AL, more than 100 years ago. The Staff Accountant position is a key member of the Financial Team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation, examination and analysis of assigned company accounting records, financial statement preparation and analysis, and any other financial reports to assess the accuracy, completeness, and conformance to the Company's reporting and procedural standards. In addition, this position will be responsible for handling other accounting, financial or administrative duties as deemed appropriate from time to time. |
|Reasonable Accommodations Statement|
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. |
|Essential Functions Statement(s)|
- Learn the functionality of the company's financial management systems (Oracle and VIP).
- Assist with month and year end financial statement review.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts (cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.) in the applicable subsidiary ledger to the applicable summary level account in the general ledger.
- Reconcile various access database details to the general ledger.
- Prepare and post standard journal entries.
- Distribute monthly financial reports.
- Prepare year end audit work papers and schedules; assist auditors with their inquiries.
- Maintain credit card and EFT payment files.
- Maintain various financial analysis spreadsheets.
Property Tax Administration
- Prepare property tax returns (Alabama, Florida, Georgia) for timely filing.
- Assist with the resolution of any property tax filing and payment issues with the applicable tax jurisdiction.
- Prepare annual accrual for property tax liabilities.
Sales, Use and Rental Tax Administration
- Prepare and file sales, use and rental tax returns for the Company.
- Prepare changes to the sales and use tax codes in the Company sales (VIP), leasing (VMMS) and payables (Oracle) systems.
- Prepare reconciliations of the balance in the sales, use and rental tax subsidiary ledger(s) to the summary level account in the general ledger.
|•||Treasury Management |
- Assist daily with cash flow management.
|•||Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Company and Division provided training i.e. interactive web-based training, facilitated group training, video-on-demand, on-the-job training, individual or group coaching, or any other company provided method. |
|•||Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions. |
|•||Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly. |
|•||Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem. |
|•||Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word. |
|•||Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely. |
|•||Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task. |
|•||Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards. |
|•||Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace. |
|•||Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task. |
|•||Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems. |
|•||Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy. |
|•||Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct. |
|Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Accounting|
|2 plus years of experience in public and/or private accounting |
|Computer Skills:||Technology proficient (to include Microsoft Office Suite of Products - Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, etc.); Required |
|Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA eligible; Preferred |
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this position.|
|O (Occasionally)||Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
| || |
|Reach Above Shoulder||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
|Other Physical Requirements|
|•||Sense of Sound - Required for a total work day.|
|Primarily inside work with most working hours in a close office environment. |