Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Technician - Level I
at Buffalo Rock
JOB TITLE: Service Technician Level I, II and III COMPANY NAME: Buffalo Rock Company
SUPERVISOR: Service Manager JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Drive to customer, communicate, troubleshoot, repair-maintain and install all assigned customer owned, company owned, vending and food service equipment.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY ESSENTIAL TASKS:
- Receives, implements and completes service calls from Buffalo Rock customers
- Makes repairs, activates and deactivates machines
- Drives a company vehicle in order to complete job orders
- Documents job order completion, supplies used/needed, etc.
- Maintains correct parts inventory on truck to service customer’s equipment
- Transports and returns all used parts/components to the ME department to capture warranties/remanufacturing
- Operates a handheld device to record daily activities
- Documents and maintains administrative requirements of VMMS
- Assesses safety within a job situation and requests assistance if needed
- Maintains requirements of EPA when dealing with refrigeration and topics governed by that agency
- Communicates effectively with Sales Department, Management and Buffalo Rock’s customers
- Works an on-call rotation schedule as determined by management
- Must have ability to transmit handheld data to server
- Must park service vehicle in a secure/safe place while on and off duty
- Attends and/or participates in all scheduled meetings as directed
- Adheres to customer policies for vendors or suppliers, which may include but is not limited to business conduct policies, business ethics policies, legal policies, and delivery and merchandising policies
- May be required to load/unload product during installation and repair of equipment
- Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Company and Division provided training i.e. interactive web-based training, facilitated group training, video-on-demand, on-the-job training, individual or group coaching, or any other company provided method.
DESCRIPTION OF SECONDARY ESSENTIAL TASKS:
- Reports to work as scheduled in a clean work uniform
- Keeps vehicle clean, well-maintained and in an orderly condition
- Uses all provided safety equipment and operates all equipment/vehicles in a safe manner
- Completes other activities assigned by supervisor/manager
QUALIFICATIONS FOR TECH LEVEL I:
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Valid State Driver’s License for State of Residence
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Requires the proper use and knowledge of hand tools needed to fulfill the tasks.
- Basic knowledge of electricity both AC and DC
- Able to read a basic schematic wire diagram/schematic
- Able to troubleshoot basic plumbing/water flow pressure and air pressure for correction
- Able to properly use volt ohm meters
- Able to think through different situations with minimum/no supervision
- Required to take and pass both written and hands-on test for this level at 80% or higher
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
This position is subject to working conditions related to the individual unique working conditions at each account. Work is performed in many different environments and all safety precautions should be taken. Working conditions will be inside and outside where temperatures will vary from extreme heat to extreme cold, working in rain or snow, and working in tight spaces, all for extended periods.
Personal handheld computer, handheld printer, tools, vehicle.
PHYSICAL DEMAND FACTORS:
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position.
Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements