Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Merchandiser Retail - Class A CDL
at Buffalo Rock
Delivery Merchandiser (DM) - Retail
Department: Retail Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Reports To: Area Sales Manager
Grade/Level: Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular Positions Supervised: None
Work Schedule: Varies - Must be Flexible
The function of the Sales / Delivery Merchandiser position is to sell-in, deliver, and merchandise all the products of the Buffalo Rock Company under the Team Rock Concept following the AIM Selling Guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Exhibit a high level of ethical and moral conduct while at work or in attendance of any off-site function during work hours or after work hours while representing the Buffalo Rock Company.
- Perform specific activities of the assigned route – This includes but is not limited to the selling in of new products, incremental displays, additional merchandising space, and promotions.
- Service all accounts in accordance with the AIM Selling Process.
- Develop and maintain positive professional customer relationships.
- Honor and follow through on all personal and business commitments.
- Ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect the safety of self, customers, Buffalo Rock Property, and customer property.
- Ensure that every reasonable precaution is taken to protect the Company from possible damages, theft, or other liabilities.
- Consistently review all existing policies/procedures for possible change.
- Communicate all transshipping activity in accordance to Company Policy and Procedures, and visit weekly all transshipping accounts to pick up pallets, trays, etc.
- Take ownership of the Team concept to ensure the group's success.
- Communicate to the ADC / ASM all new accounts in your assigned sales area.
- Notify ADC / ASM of any change to an existing account, including ownership or closure.
- Properly complete all required paperwork to Company Policy and timeline.
- Monitor all assigned accounts for CDA compliance.
- Communicate daily with ADC any product shortages, product returns, refused orders, changes to next delivery order, account information changes, or any operational items.
- Achieve required percentage of Strategic Execution Objectives.
- Maintain required AIM Certification goals per account.
- Execute and achieve all account program key objectives.
- Properly rotate all products in accordance with the AIM Certification criteria.
- Remove all damaged products and UTC's on each account visit following Company policy and procedure.
- Ensure pallets, trays and CO2 are picked up on each visit, entered into the Norand, and documented by proper paperwork.
- Assist management in reporting competitive activity, achieving sales goals and metrics, and promoting the Team Rock concept.
- Follow all DOT Regulations, Company Policy and Procedures as they relate to truck check-out, truck check-in, and all settlement processes.
- Required to work weekends, non-traditional hours and Holidays as needed.
- Attend all scheduled meetings requiring your presence and / or participation.
- Adhere to customer policies for vendors or suppliers, which may include but is not limited to business conduct policies, business ethics policies, legal policies, and delivery and merchandising policies.
- May be required to perform additional tasks or assigned additional duties not listed in this document.
- Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Buffalo Rock provided training, either web-based, in-house, or any other provided method. Must successfully complete assigned training curriculum, including but not limited to online and/or facilitated training.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Experience: Sales Experience and Customer Service preferred.
Certifications & Licenses: Commercial Driver’s License Class A - Must have a good Driving Record.
Must be DOT Certified
Other Requirements: Copier, Printer, Scanner, Hand Held Computer, Cart, Hand Trucks, Forklift, Pallet Jack, Tractor, Trailer, and Onboard Computer. Must have the ability to apply mathematical operations to daily tasks.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs F
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs O
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Slip Resistant Shoes, Safety Vest and Glasses, and Ear Plugs.
This position is subject to working conditions related to an outdoor weather environment as well as the individual unique working conditions at each account. Work is performed in many different environments and all safety precautions should be taken. 90% Inside Work, and 10% Outside Work.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.