Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Intelligence Business Analyst
at Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
- Job ID
Brasfield & Gorrie, a recognized leader in the construction industry, has an exciting opportunity available for a BI Business Analyst in the IT department. The BI Business Analyst will be a part of the BI team at the corporate office located in Birmingham, AL. The BI Business Analyst will utilize Business Intelligence Software (such as PowerBI, Business Objects, BI Publisher) and SQL to create or assist others in building visual dashboards and reporting solutions that provide meaningful insight to operational results.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop business understanding of complex and varying data sources
- Work directly with the IT Development Team members to work through data and data sources to support reporting needs
- Utilize BI Software (PowerBI, Business Objects, BI Publisher) and SQL to create or assist others in building visual dashboards and reporting solutions that provide meaningful insight to operational results
- Conduct regular ad hoc report creation and analyses for mid-level and senior management
- Build visualization reports
- Support other BI users within the organization
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years’ relevant experience with advanced analytical/problem solving and data mining preferred.
- Experience with BI tools
- Experience writing SQL Queries
- General knowledge of diverse technologies and new and current BI tools
- General knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Effective communication skills for writing reports and giving presentations
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Brasfield & Gorrie is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.