BNP Paribas Securities Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BNP Paribas Securities Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: BHM404
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
The Constraints Manager will be part of the Account Management team that works across National Grid's Commercial Property Contract and will provide day-to-day assistance to the Client Director.
The Constraints Manager will identify and recommend remedies for site sale constraints on National Grid sites put forward in the immediate sales plan period.
The Constraints Manager is responsible for co-ordination and co-operation with the various parts of National Grid's business, other service providers including Customer Contractors and third parties designated by NGP. Such cooperation includes, but not necessarily be limited to, sharing of information about processes, procedures, standards, forms, practices and polices applicable to the Services being undertaken.
Typical examples of both internal (National Grid) and external stakeholders include:
Internal: Land remediation, Sales Team, National Grid Corporate, CR Management (PR), National Grid legal, Operational Business (e.g. National Grid Gas Distribution) Corporate Affairs – Public Affairs, Media Relations
External: Distribution networks, NGP's Panel Solicitors, town planning departments and other local authorities, regional and national agencies, neighbours, occupiers & joint owners.
- Oversee and update the stakeholder constraint removal t plan to pro-actively co-ordinate and manage the interfaces required with the various stakeholders.
- Organise and attend meetings with key stakeholder groups to identify opportunities to improve risk management (including disposals) across the portfolio.
- Assist NGP to deliver its business objectives, protect and enhance its reputation
- Oversee site management to ensure the remediation / construction / dismantling works is being carried out with the least amount of disruption and inconvenient to local residents and businesses
- Ensure communications and messages to both internal and external stakeholders are clear and communications channels are straightforward and easily accessible – ensure that the National Grid “tone of voice” requirements are met.
- Build confidence and trust with NGP
- ose liaison with the National Grid Land Remediation team and appointed suppliers to ensure that site changes proposed or delivered do not impact NGP's exposure to risk
- Ensure that all fully understands the NGP Land Remediation business, all relevant personnel within the organisation.ResponsibilitiesFinancials
- May have budget and cost control responsibilities
- Has an awareness of wider team or department budgetClients and Business Development
- Manages existing client/supplier relationships at a senior level on a day to day basis
- Works independently on most areas of work under regular management monitoring
- Receives guidance only on unusual issues
- Has broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines
- Enhances BNP Paribas Real Estate‘s reputation through successful delivery
- Builds own network within service lines and externallyPeople
- Supervises teams' junior employees or co-ordinates colleagues and others on specific projects
- Shares knowledge with/ provides information to colleagues and team
- Mentors other junior colleaguesSystems and Process
- Responsible for managing routine processes and procedures
- Can identify improvements to business processes within own function
- Is a contributor to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects
Preferred qualifications and experience
- RICS qualified surveyor (ideally)
- Previous experience in the property development process
- Previous experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and managing these relationships effectively
- Knowledge of development constraints identification and methods of negotiation to release such constraints
- Experience of brownfield site redevelopment advantageous
- Experience of working autonomously
- Must have very strong verbal and written communication skills
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.