Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BlueLinx Corporation
- Regular Full-Time
- Job ID
WHY BLUELINX? We Offer…
- Competitive Pay
- Monday through Friday Work Schedule
- Full Benefits: Health, dental, vision, prescription, and life insurance
- Strong Safety Culture!
- Safe & Reliable Equipment!
- Paid Time Off after introductory period with company
Position Purpose Summary:
Responsible for safely and efficiently loading/unloading/storing building materials from trailers or rail cars while minimizing damage and ensuring customers receive quality materials.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Responsible for transporting material off and on trailers or rail cars. Stores and retrieves material (piece pick and/or bulk).
- Responsible for efficiently and safely loading trailers for transport of material in accordance with routing solution.
- Identifies damaged material.
- Documents inbound and outbound transactions.
- Performs daily maintenance of equipment and area cleaning requirements.
- Responsible for basic equipment inspections (horn, flashing beacon, fluid levels, fire extinguisher, fueling, personnel protective equipment (PPE), proper packaging).
- Monday through Friday schedule
- We are willing to train the right candidate!
- One year or recent forklift/warehouse experience
- Safe work record and stable work history.
- Ability to proficiently and safely use forklift to transport product, load/unload trucks
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to read/comprehend sales order, purchase orders, safety material, etc.
- Knowledge of loading/unloading/storage requirements
- Knowledge of damage identification procedures and safety forklift operations techniques
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.
BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,200 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.