Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
It Security Analyst
at BBVA Compass
- Job ID
- Site Name
- AL-BIRMINGHAM-BIRMINGHAM SERVICE CENTER
- Work Location
- FLSA Status
- FULL TIME
- EOE Statement
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
The Cloud Security Engineer acts as a part of a team in the enforcement of corporate, regulatory and risk management policy configurations. The position also assists in developing, implementing and maintaining corporate information security standards, technologies, processes and procedures within our cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Security Engineer coordinates, administers, monitors and maintains security infrastructure in our cloud environments. As a member of the team, the role is required to be process-oriented and results-oriented, and demonstrates effective problem-solving and communication skills. This position will often serve as a subject matter expert for colleagues and line-of-business managers, and experience with multiple technologies, compliance requirements and risk analysis methodologies is crucial.
What you will be doing.
- Develop and implement internal systems, processes, and best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase productivity.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture.
- Create and implement automation for cloud platforms as well as monitoring and alerting purposes.
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues.
- Actively participate in design discussion for series to be delivered in the cloud.
- Work directly with platform/category teams to document and support infrastructure automation, software delivery, and testing solutions.
- Collaborate with Release Engineers and platform/category teams to assist with issues regarding infrastructure and applications.
- Collaborate with our cloud Engineers and Software Engineers to help deliver infrastructure as code.
- Assist in the design and implementation of security technology solutions related specifically to securing environments hosted in the cloud.
What you will bring.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with any combination of the following: threat modeling experience, secure coding, identity management and authentication, software development, cryptography, system administration and network security.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, or application security
- Experience implementing security solutions at the business division level
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- An understanding of web services
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.) - preferred python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An associate level AWS certification or can achieve within 6 month of hire