Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Auditor II, III, or Sr Auditor I - II
at BBVA Compass
- Job ID
- AL-BIRMINGHAM-CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
- FLSA Status
- FULL TIME
- EOE Statement
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans.
Internal auditors verify the effectiveness of the organization’s internal controls and check for mismanagement, waste, or fraud. They examine and evaluate the bank’s financial and information systems, management procedures, and internal controls to ensure that records are accurate and controls are adequate.
Auditors also review company operations, evaluating their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with corporate policies and government regulations.
- Assist in conducting audits and reviews.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding internal control processes and related procedures as they relate to effectiveness and compliance with bank policies and regulations.
- Analyze bank data, including but not limited to, accounting and financial records.
- Develop partnerships with clients by understanding their goals and deliverables, key business processes, technologies, risk management practices and areas of potential risk.
- Communicate and document process and risk understanding and evaluation, including the identification of potential issues and improvements.
- Collaborate with line of business clients and other auditors to achieve objectives.
As auditing maturity is demonstrated, the candidate will be promoted accordingly and ultimately placed in charge of selected audits or special projects
Bachelor’s degree is required in engineering, computer science, management information systems, mathematics or other related fields. Professional designations (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, etc.) are preferred.
Auditing, engineering, accounting, general banking, and/or information technology experience is preferred. Recent college graduates will be considered for Auditor I positions. Please see table for below for grade levels reference for recommend experience minimums:
Auditor II – Grade 16
At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
Auditor III – Grade 17
At least 2-3 years of relevant experience
Sr Auditor – Grade 18
At least 3-5 years of relevant experience
Sr Auditor II – Grade 19
At least 5-7 years of relevant experience
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; strong attention to detail; ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team; strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity; strong communication skills; resilience under pressure; ability to adapt to change and a keen interest in the banking industry. Bilingual in English-Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
Note: Must be willing to travel domestically (10% or less, primary audit locations are Birmingham, AL, Houston, TX and New York, NY).