Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BT-1841 Subject matter Expert I (Software Quality Engineer)
at Bastion Technologies
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Bastion Technologies Inc. is looking for a NASA Software Quality Engineer to support the Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama. The Software Quality Engineer will be responsible for the following activities in support of programs across the MSFC and primarily the Space Launch System (SLS) program: Software Assurance (SA) analyses and assessments related to quality, reliability, and safety; review and analysis of engineering design concepts and software assurance plans and assuring compliance with NASA safety polices and standards for hardware and software.
The successful candidate will use his or her strong software assurance background, software development experience, management experience and NASA domain experience to evaluate target programs to ensure safety and mission success, to lead a growing team of engineers performing software assurance tasks, to plan and manage those tasks, and will serve as the primary Bastion Technologies point of contact to the customer on a set of tools within the program. The software engineer will participate in test reviews as well as data analysis. The software engineer will participate in process and quality audits. Occasional travel may be required. Work is performed at the NASA MSFC in Huntsville, Alabama and will require frequent interaction with multiple external and internal customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other software-related engineering programs
- 5+Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and periodic random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Experience performing software quality, reliability, safety, and testing activities related to embedded software systems with emphasis on quality functions
- Experience with software process audits from an accrediting agency (ISO, CMMI or similar)
- Experience across the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test) and the entry and exit criteria associated with Program/Project milestone reviews
- Familiarity with development of large, complex, safety-critical software systems
- Familiarity with software architectures and systems & software engineering practices
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Position requires a competent communicator with excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments with team members, development organizations, Bastion Management and all levels of customer personnel. Required to be regular in attendance (per agreed to work hours schedule), consistently punctual and be relied upon to successfully complete all assignments.
Other Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with NASA flight programs involving Human-related spacecraft / launch vehicle systems and domains such as rocket engine propulsion control; flight dynamics; vehicle system management; fault protection / fault management; launch, flight, and abort operations / processes; software safety; and mission assurance
- Experience with NASA, Government approved Industry, or DoD software assurance requirements, standards, manuals and handbooks, and assessing compliance with these products
- Familiarity with Mil-STD-882 for system safety
- Experience with NASA-STD 8739.8 and NASA-STD 8719.13 and the identification of safety critical software requirements and analysis of related design concepts
- Experience reviewing and/or developing Software Assurance Plans, Software Requirements Specifications, and Software Test Plans
- Experience witnessing software testing and demonstrations, and performing SQA audit
- Experience developing and/or evaluating FMEA, Hazard Analysis, and FTA products.
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO