AltaPointe Health Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AltaPointe Health Systems
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- AltaPointe Site
- Accordia Health - Rockford
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00
Accordia Health family medical care in Rockford, AL assures that our patients receive the medical services they need through a caring, holistic approach to healthcare delivery. We coordinate treatment, medications, referrals, and any other aspect of our patients’ care required to help them maintain wellness.
Our employees are using state-of-the art technology, adherence to the highest clinical standards of care, and sound business principles to ensure that our services are provided in a seamless, customer service oriented health system.
- Greets all patients in a professional and welcoming manner
- Assists with the completion of the assessment process of patients including but not limited to the following: height/weight, vital signs, and current medications for infoscriber.
- Administers injections, observing the Six Rights of medication administration
- Communicates effectively with the physician/CRNP regarding the consumer’s physical and mental condition
- Interfaces with the multi-disciplinary team
- Reports laboratory results to the physician/CRNP
- Responds to patient phone calls in a timely and appropriate manner
- Calls in prescriptions as directed by authorized prescribers
- Facilitate PA’s for prescriptions
- Updates patient medical records as needed
- Assists in arranging hospital admissions and laboratory services
- May assist collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- May assist instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Authorizes prescription refills as directed
- Draws blood as directed
- Provides emergency care as needed (CPR, MindSet, etc.), according to the AltaPointe Policy & Procedures
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation
- Effectively demonstrates the application of MA competencies
- Ensures all releases are obtained and scanned into P.O.S. timely and accurately.
- Researches all patients that present with no insurance through Medicaid and Medicare eligibility sites.
- Verifies all insurance eligibility and enters accurate information in EHR
- Makes copies, faxes documents and performs other related clerical duties as needed.
- Adheres to professional code of ethics and to all 5 Star Customer Service Guidelines when dealing with Practice Manager, CRNP/Physician, Team Leader, co-workers and patients
Additional job duties depending on location may be as follows:
- Distributes prescriptions from the doctor/CRNP/PA to the consumer.
- Assists with the patient assistance pharmacy forms as needed, which includes communicating with the consumer regarding proof of income.
- Completes admissions, discharges, and transfers as needed.
- Coordinates appropriate services for consumers in crisis.
- Distributes Daily DSR reports.
- Performs relief for other staff members.
- Assists with and works with all organization personnel involved with any aspect of release of protected health information to ensure full coordination and cooperation under the organization’s policies and procedures and legal requirements
- There is frequent standing while getting files, paperwork, and handing out medication.
- Sitting is frequent by nature and up to 5-10 minutes; however, extended sitting could be up to 1.5 to 3 hours for documentation.
- Squatting and/or lunging frequently to stock supplies and retrieve needed material from file cabinets and book shelves.
- Fine manipulation for writing, handling paperwork, and dispensing medications to consumers.
- Pushing and/or pulling force up to 1-5 pounds force, horizontally, to open file cabinets and place binders on book shelves.
- Lifting various ranges from the floor to overhead with weights up to 1-5 pounds frequently.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Current certification as a Clinical Medical Assistant
with High School Diploma or Equivalent