AltaPointe Health Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at AltaPointe Health Systems
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- AltaPointe Site
- Clay Outpatient
- Position Type
- Full Time
- 8:00a-5:00p; M-F
Nurses in an outpatient clinic are responsible for successful completion of the admission process, medication administration, regular communication with other clinical staff regarding the physical and mental status of the consumer, deescalating or resolving a crisis situation, and medication education for consumers and family members.
- Completes the assessment process accurately and timely for consumers including medical checklist, physical health, nutritional screening, consumer and family education screening, medication list, height, weight, and vital signs.
- Completes prior authorization forms in a timely manner.
- Provides individual, family and group education regarding consumers' psychiatric illnesses.
- Administers medications observing the six rights of medication administration.
- Provides medication education for the ocnsumer and family including how the medicine is used and potential side effects.
- Monitors consumers for potential side effects of medications and reports findings to a physician.
- Provides care and services in the community.
- Transports needed medical equipment/supplies to conduct job.
- Communicates effectively with the physician the consumers' physical and mental condition.
- Interfaces with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Actively and cooperatively participates in development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Monitors laboratory results, collects specimen for urine drug screens, and reports all abnormal findings to the physician.
- Independently provides mental and medical emergency care as needed (CPR, PMAB, emergency medications) according to AltaPointe Policy and Procedures with little/no support.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation.
- Assists ACT consumers with medical appointments including attendance at those appointments as needed.
- May need to transport consumers.
- Provides services to maintain placement in the least restrictive environment.
- Advocates on behalf of the consumer to secure community resources.
- Makes weekly in-home contacts per ACT State Standards and AltaPointe Policy.
- Teaches basic living skills relative to medical issues.
- Adheres to professional code of ethics.
- Effectively demonstrates the application of adult specific competencies.
- Treats consumers with care, dignity, and compassion.
- Is knowledgeable of HIPAA and abides by those standards at all times.
- Works in a dependable, cooperative and positive manner with programs and AltaPointe staff members.
- Seeks clinical supervision and consultation needs.
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement.
- Actively works to enhance clinical skills.
- Documents in a timely fashion per AltaPointe policy.
- Documents in a clear, concise manner, types of consumer problems, treatment goals and services provided.
- Documentation shows that forms, notes, logs, and other applicable written information are completed promptly, accurately and updated when appropriate.
- Documents legibly.
- Meets AltaPointe productivity standard
- Courteous and respectful towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion.
- Respects consumer’s privacy and confidentiality.
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others.
- Assists consumers and visitors as needed.
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others.
- Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences.
- Is gentle and calm to consumers and families.
- Works in a dependable, cooperative and positive manner with both program and other AltaPointe staff members
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Accesses appropriate community resources according to consumer needs.
- Complies with AltaPointe policies & procedures.
- Maintains current State license and requirements for renewals (i.e. CEU’s), and attends to required in-services and workshops.
- There is frequent standing while getting files, paperwork, and handing out medication.
- Sitting is frequent by nature and up to 5-10 minutes; however, extended sitting could be up to 1.5 to 3 hours for documentation.
- Squatting and/or lunging frequently to stock supplies and retrieve needed material from file cabinets and book shelves.
- Fine manipulation for writing, handling paperwork, and dispensing medications to consumers.
- Pushing and/or pulling force up to 1-5 pounds force, horizontally, to open file cabinets and place binders on book shelves.
- Lifting various ranges from the floor to overhead with weights up to 1-5 pounds frequently.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Current LPN license to practice in the State of Alabama.
Valid drivers license with proof of liability insurance
At least 23 years old or older.