Aleut Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Terminal Operator - Rotational
at Aleut Management Services
Job Description: Rotational Terminal Operator
Reports to: Terminal Manager
Location: Adak, Alaska
Schedule: Full Time
Overall Responsibility: To ensure that all terminal operations are completed safely and in accordance with federal and state regulations. This is a rotational two (2) weeks on / two (2) weeks off position with the flexibility to work longer shifts if necessary.
• Follow terminal policies and procedures and pays special attention to all job scope specific health, environment, and safety guidelines.
• Accomplish daily operational requirements and performs minor repairs to maintain the operation of the fuels systems.
• Fuel marine vessels, transfers fuel within the terminal, refuels housing tanks, power plant and other utility fuel tanks, and complete all supporting documents.
• Offload fuel from vessels into terminal storage tanks from the terminal marine dock.
• Analyze fuel samples for water and sediment contaminants.
• Test samples for API gravity, and flashpoint.
• Participate in spill response training for water and land as required.
• Ensure the terminal and surrounding area is maintained in an orderly and compliant fashion.
• Occasionally performing repairs for Aleut Enterprise’s sister company Adak Island Inn
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the above duties in a safe and efficient manner.
• Applicants with a high mechanical aptitude are preferred
• High School degree or equivalent.
• Must possess and maintain Alaska drivers license and Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement (or be eligible and able to obtain).
• Required to pass Hazmat Physical and pre-employment drug screening
• Must have basic computer skills.
• Teamwork and the ability to work in dynamic environment are essential.
• Boiler maintenance and plumbing experience preferred.
Housing & Transportation
• Housing will be provided by AE, food and other necessities will be employee’s responsibility.
• Round trip airfare will be provided from Anchorage.
• Company vehicle will be provided while on location.
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER training and 8 hour HAZWOPER Refresher each year.
• Pollution Prevention Training, Overview of Oil Spill Response, Oil Spill Response Tools and Tactics.
• Training will be provided for the employee as needed.
The Aleut Corporation is committed to providing employment and development opportunities for our shareholders and their descendants. The company shall make employment selections first based on qualifications for the position; Preference shall then be given to eligible and qualified Aleut shareholders and their descendants in accordance with the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, 43 U.S.C. § 1601 et seq (P.L. 100-241) and other applicable state & federal laws.
Aleut is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall select, train, and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant work factors such as work quality, attitude, education, and experience, so as not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.