Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teacher-Meadow View- Special Ed-General Posting Possible Vacancies
at Alabaster City
General Posting for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year and possible vacancies for the 2019-2020 school year.
TEACHER for Exceptional Education
(Please refer to posted vacancies for specific locations)
As set by State of Alabama certification authorities
To lead students toward their potential for intellectual, emotional, psychological, and physical growth and maturation through provision of appropriate guidance and learning experiences.
- To understand and assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Alabaster City Schools Board of Education Policy.
- To participate in the efficient and effective operation of the school and school system. Such participation shall include teachers in consultation through meetings, conferences, and committee responsibilities.
- To accept no other employment which interferes with the efficient and effective discharge of teacher duties and responsibilities.
- To abide by the standards established for teacher professional and personal conduct printed and published in the AEA Code of Ethics.
- To follow the courses of study approved by the State Board of Education and curriculum guides and textbooks approved and adopted by the Alabaster City Schools Board of Education. Other material used for instructional purposes must be approved by the principal.
- To assist in fostering student attitudes through teaching, in all activities of the school program, the values of citizenship, self-discipline, morality, and patriotism.
- Report for duty at least fifteen minutes before the opening of school and remain at least ten minutes after the close of school.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations at the times designated.
- Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided and appropriate to the interests and maturity of the students.
- Establish and maintain appropriate discipline in the classroom and assist staff in establishment and maintenance of discipline in the school environment.
- Prepare for classes assigned, and show written evidence of preparation upon request of the Principal at the local school.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, board policy, and administrative regulation.
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis and in accordance with the system's established procedures.
- Seek assistance of specialists as needed and make referrals when appropriate.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students and to safeguard all equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Make reasonable provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day. Procedures for such conferences will be mutually agreed upon by faculty and administration.
- Work with other staff members in planning school activities, instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- All teachers participate in extracurricular activities as mutually agreed upon by faculty and administration.
- Attend and participate regularly in faculty meetings.
- Maintain a professional, cooperative working relationship with parents and community.
- Promote good public relations for school and school system with the general public.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Perform other related duties during school necessary to the safe and effective operation of the school when requested by the principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month (187-day) contract.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
SALARY: Appropriate placement on current salary schedule.