Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Paraprofessional - General Posting Possible Vacancies
at Alabaster City
General Posting for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year and possible vacancies for the 2019-2020 school year.
(Note: These positions may require re-assignment to various schools throughout the school year as the need arises.)
(Please refer to posted vacancy for specific locations)
1. High school graduate or equivalent (GED) and academic competency in basic skills.
2. For Title I or Title I Targeted Assistance Program Schools Only:
a. Must hold an Associate’s Degree
b. Have completed a minimum of 48 semester hours of study at a regionally accredited institution of higher education.
c. Have successfully completed the Alabama State Board of Education approved WORKKEYS test.
3. Adequate strength and dexterity to perform all required tasks including lifting, stooping, and bending.
4. Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
Coordinator of Exceptional Education
Central Office Administrators
To assist school personnel in providing an appropriate educational program.
- To understand and assist in upholding school rules, policies, and procedures.
- To participate in the efficient and effective operation of the school as directed by the principal.
- To respect the confidentiality of information pertaining to students and staff.
- To assist in fostering positive student attitudes toward citizenship, self-discipline, morality, and patriotism.
- Report for duty at least 15 minutes before the opening of school and remain at least 10 minutes after close of school unless special contract requires other hours.
- Plan regularly with assigned teacher.
- Work with individuals and groups of students as assigned.
- Assist the teacher in student testing activities as assigned.
- Keep charts and records of students' performances and accomplishments as assigned.
- Assist the teacher in preparing materials necessary for a positive learning environment.
- Perform clerical tasks including inventory, filing, and typing, operate audiovisual equipment, and care for equipment and materials.
- Assist teacher with basic physical needs of students.
- Take all the necessary precautions to provide for the safety and welfare of students.
- Attend and participate in individual, school, and system professional development activities.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with school staff, parents, and community.
- Promote good public relations for school system with the general public.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all school-related business.
- Be familiar with and follow Board of Education policies.
- Perform other reasonable duties during school necessary to the safe and effective operation of the school when assigned by the principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 187-day contract. Salary according to appropriate current schedule.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy.
SALARY: Appropriate placement on current salary schedule.