Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asst Principal 10,10.5,11,12 mo - General Posting Possible Vacancies
at Alabaster City
General Posting for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year and possible vacancies for the 2019-2020 school year.
10, 10.5, 11, 12-Month Position(s)
JOB TITLE: Assistant Principal
JOB GOAL: To serve as the professional assistant leader of the school. To work, under the direction of the principal, with staff, students, and community to ensure a high quality educational program and to formulate and accomplish the school mission. To assist the principal in providing for an environment of high expectations for staff and students.
REPORTS TO: Principal
- Alabama Certification in Administration.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience.
SUPERVISES: Faculty, staff, and students as designated by the principal
- Assists in providing effective leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating the instructional program.
- Assists in interpreting and implementing federal and state laws and state and local board policies.
- Assists the principal in personnel functions.
- Assists the principal in securing, maintaining, and managing material resources.
- Assists in preparing and administering the school budget and supervising school finances.
- Assists the principal in assuming responsibility for scheduling.
- Assists in ensuring that students receive appropriate placement and services.
- Plans and accomplishes personal professional growth and demonstrates professional ethics.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Assists in providing professional growth opportunities for staff.
- Assists in communicating and clarifying the school’s mission to students, staff, and community.
- Assists in providing a safe, orderly environment that facilitates teaching and learning.
- Assists in providing a climate of high expectations for staff and students.
- Assists in supervising, observing, and evaluating teachers and staff.
SALARY: Appropriate placement on salary schedule