Airbus Helicopters, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Management Specialist
at Airbus Helicopters, Inc.
- 09-Sep-2019 to 31-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: The Project Management Specialist is responsible for providing leadership and integration to teams working on defined projects. Accountable for making effective decisions and independently making recommendations while guiding teams to ensure achievement of assigned goals and objectives. Effectively lead cross-functional teams and utilize appropriate tools and resources as needed to achieve project milestones and measure key performance indicators.
- Integrate shared perspectives on goals and results using negotiation and reconciliation skills across all program functions
- Lead and execute project plans, while controlling time, cost, scope, risk, and quality.
- Work with assigned Project Stakeholder and Subject Matter Experts to identify and select the tools, processes and systematic approaches to achieve project goals.
- Prepares and reviews project and operational performance reports; undertakes risk management; and makes recommendations for improvements;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Using effective communication skills to coordinate between functions and Subject Matter Experts to resolve conflicts, issues, and misunderstandings.
- Act as a liaison between the project team and leadership; clearly outline established and clear milestones required for projected completion.
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Management, or Leadership.
- 5-8 years of experience in project management office activities that include proven risk management skills.
- PMP Certification or AIB Bronze Level Certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
o Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational follow through
o Demonstrated, excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
o Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
o Position will interface with all levels of the Mobile FAL organization this requires a clear understanding of confidentiality and professionalism.
o Demonstrated capability in project estimating, task scheduling, scope control, and stakeholder management, cost management
o Demonstrated ability to effectively manage stakeholders through change
- Domestic and International 5% or as required
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Moderate to High
- Reports to: Chief of Staff
- Supports: Site Senior Leadership Team
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Improved efficiency, accountability, and consistency in development, management, and closure of site projects.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved, negotiation type communication on a daily basis with internal parties.
Includes: Lifting, Carrying, Pushing/Pulling, Sitting, Standing, Squatting/Kneeling, Walking, Speaking, Hearing, Vision, Manual Dexterity, Travel. Include estimated time or percentage for each factor and maximum weight for lifting.
Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment.
Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 30lbs (assist in office and meeting set-up)
Equal Opportunity: Airbus Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus Group is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Group provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Group does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Group does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus Group is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.