Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IM Project Manager for Corporate Solutions & Digital Enablement
at Airbus Group
- 18-Feb-2020 to 31-Mar-2020 (EST)
- AA10001040 - IS Herndon (IM)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Full Time
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
The IM Project Manager for Corporate Solutions & Digital Enablement in Airbus North America is responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring successful completion of projects according to the specifications, resources and deadlines assigned, all while keeping the project within budget.
The Project Manager must work efficiently and effectively with multiple internal customers' stakeholders for all Airbus North America support functions and entities, with an emphasis on Digital Transformation projects in different areas, which could include: Finance, Procurement, Communication, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales & Support. S/he will define project objectives, create project plans, secure resources and oversee quality control throughout the entire project. In addition, the Project Management will need to be able to identify, assess and minimize project risks until successful project completion.
The ideal candidate will combine robust project management experience and innate drive to improve existing systems and processes, and possess an innovative mindset to develop novel solutions for evolving challenges.
Project Management: 85%
- Act as the project manager for multiple projects concurrently, to deliver projects on-Time, on-Cost, on-Quality.
- Work cross-functionally to effectively guide projects from planning through deployment with both the implementation team and the internal client resources.
- Scope, plan and manage process against the plan (set up weekly meetings, manage deliverables/milestones, escalate risks and issues, propose solutions to ensure project delivery.)
- Track, follow up and report on project financials, LOEs, action items, issues, and risks.
- Create project management documentation, process documents and communication.
- Provide all the necessary support (processes, way of working, financial management or logistics) to help projects deliver the maximum value within the defined planning.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal customer's personnel.
- Liaise and synchronize with the IM infrastructure team to ensure a smooth deployment and appropriate level of performance of the end to end services.
- Works with IM Governance to identify and capture (operational and project) license cost elements in the IM budget.
- Collaborates with global divisional and group counterparts to understand and align requirements for support functions applications where possible.
- Infuse new ways of working and digital culture amongst her/his peers in IM.
- Coach, educate, convince and support Product stakeholders to deploy through Agile methodologies when appropriate.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Degree in Business Management or Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree a plus
- PMI PMP certification preferred
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification preferred
- At least 5-8 years of lead role experience in delivering IM products/projects/services in a complex global enterprise.
- At least 5-8 years of Project Management experience.
- Completed at least 2 full project lifecycles, from inception to deployment and closing...
- Client facing experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing organizational change.
- Experience defining and managing project metrics, and assessing and communicating impact.
- Experienced with Waterfall, Agile and other project management methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of Digital Technologies and potential usage/benefits of these technologies for the business.
- Knowledge in the areas of internal functions such as HR, Finance, Procurement, Communication, processes, and technologies.
- Understanding of Airbus IM standards, project and services methodologies and procedures is a plus.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Inspires trust, demonstrates flexibility, encourages frequent open communications and welcomes feedback.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, Spanish, German or French language skills are a plus.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Understanding of ERPs, HR, PM and/or collaboration tools, such as SAP, Workday, Cornerstone, SharePoint, BI / Analytics, JIRA, PlanView, GSuite, etc...
Travel Required: 5-10% Domestic & International
Behavioral Success Factors:
- Enjoy working on teams, compiled of both technical and functional employees from different departments and cultures.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple projects with competing interests for time and evolving priorities.
- Able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Positive, outgoing and energetic personality with a self-motivated "Can do" attitude.
- Ability to take initiative to seek out information.
- Find problem-solving exhilarating.
- This position reports to the IM Portfolio Manager for Corporate Solutions & Digital Enablement
Equal Opportunity: Airbus Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus Group is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus Group provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus Group does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus Group does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus Group is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.