Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP Product Security Officer
LocationADTRAN Huntsville HQ
As the Vice President of Product Security Officer you will have the opportunity to lead a global team with enterprise responsibility for guiding all of ADTRAN's products and solutions to meet state-of-the art security standards and capabilities. You will help protect our customers from cyber-attacks on their access network systems and solutions.
The position reports to the SVP R&D, and is based in Huntsville, Alabama. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the enterprise process and structure to design, create, deliver and maintain all products secure and free of vulnerabilities.
- Define the Cybersecurity roadmap to guide all functions into adopting a culture around product security, new and innovative technologies, standards and best practices.
- Work closely with all functions within ADTRAN to develop a consistent internal and external strategy to overcome existing and future cyber threats regarding our products and solutions.
- Work closely with the System Architects, System Engineers and Development Teams to define system level security features for our products and solutions.
- Work closely with our Enterprise Architecture and Technology team to create a Design for Security guideline to be used across all product development teams.
- Roll out a secure development lifecycle process across all products and solutions.
- Obtain and sustain certifications as appropriate and as required by our customers.
- Enforce and monitor the adherence to Design for Security for all new products.
- Create and manage the security vulnerability management process and lead the Product Security Incident Response Team.
- Establish and Manage an "ethical hackers" and Achilles heel team for product security vulnerability testing.
- Work with research institutes, appropriate government entities, 3rd party companies and Universities to stay abreast of new technologies in product security.
- Attend the appropriate conferences to stay abreast of the trends and discoveries in the area of cyber security and telecommunication systems.
- Lead innovation and research efforts in the area of Cybersecurity products and solutions.
- Work closely with our Information Security Office to gather threat intelligence and to respond to any major external attacks on our customers and our systems.
- 10+ years previous experience with a Cybersecurity position in a global telecommunication supplier or telecommunication service provider setting.
- 15+ years of diversified global management experience including Cyber-security, IT and telecommunication systems and solutions.
- Strong understanding of audit/risk management methodologies and regulatory requirements pertaining to information security privacy and data security.
- Experience with standards such as ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI DSS and so on is highly preferred.
- Experience with US and European Trade Compliance regulations and controls as it relates to Product security (e.g. encryption algorithms).
- Certifications relative to risk and information security such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC.
- In-depth understanding of network and system security technology and practices across all major telecommunication equipment areas and internet related technology.
- The ability to learn technology, influence and gain respect of a technical community and Sr. Management.
- Understanding of third party risk management considerations, incident response and crisis management process, and interplay between business strategy, data strategy, and privacy considerations.
- Strong business acumen, strategic planning, presentation, leadership development, influencing and collaboration skills along with advanced written and verbal communication and client service skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Communications -- The applicant must be able to positively and professionally interact with production management, direct labor personnel, and coworkers in order to convey a high level of technical ideas, procedures, and instructions efficiently and effectively. Applicant must write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Initiative/Follow-Through -- Applicant must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency. Must be willing to learn and train on new processes and techniques to keep skill set current.
- Leadership: The applicant must possess the ability to manage a diverse technical staff and resources in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases in accordance with established direction and standards required. Applicant must possess the ability to engage others towards results and a proven ability to drive issues within the organization. Interpersonal skills including excellent technical writing and verbal communication, customer service skills, supervision and delegation skills, conflict resolution skills, and maintenance of trust and confidence are required to lead.
- Problem Solving- The applicant should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making a decision, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution. Applicant must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Organization- Applicant must be proactive, organized, and detail-oriented to handle multiple priorities and requests from inception to satisfactory completion with minimal supervision. Applicant must be able to meet due dates and schedule commitments.