Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Soldering Repair Operator
Job Reference #: 5000194743306
LocationADTRAN Huntsville HQ
The Repair Operator will be responsible for reworking SMT and PTH components, performing wire modifications to PCB assemblies to quality standards, and performing modifications per Engineering Change Orders. This role will ensure Q50 and IPC-A-610 quality standards are met for ADTRAN products.
- Rework SMT and PTH components.
- Perform wire modifications to PCB assemblies in accordance with IPC-A-610 and Q50 quality standards.
- Perform modifications per Engineering Change Orders.
- Inspect assemblies to ensure Q50 and IPC-A-610 quality standards are met.
- Inspect components and identify common component and soldering defects and improper use of flux and PCB cleaning
- Modify and repair products in accordance with applicable documentation and procedures.
- Perform finely detailed work on component boards and utilize fine pitch solder on components.
- Utilize Bill of Material (BOM), Engineering Change Orders, and process work orders to ensure each unit is correct to new/current specifications and maintain 100% accuracy, functional operation, and quality.
- Operate and maintain SMT repair station equipment: including ADTRAN Solder Level 3, X-Ray, and Ersascope.
- Remove and replace PTH components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, integrated circuits, transistors, switches, fuses, connectors, transformers, inductors, LED's) and SMT components (discrete components, gullwing and J Lead components).
- Utilize work process sheets with diagrams, photos, and written/verbal instructions as well as personal judgment based on specialized knowledge to rework product units per ADTRAN procedures.
- Ensure workmanship and quality of product.
- Work on multiple and varied assignments and be able to recognize and indicate where any deviation from accepted practices is required.
- Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
- Other duties as requested in order to ensure 100% quality, accuracy, and product verification.
- Communication: Applicant must possess both oral and written skills to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Computer: Applicant must have basic Microsoft Office skills and be able to learn Word, Excel, Access, AEGIS, Fusion, and BaaN Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Assembly and Inspection: Applicant must possess the ability to perform the necessary actions to assemble and inspect ADTRAN products to ensure quality performance; including knowledge and application of Q50 and IPC-A-610 quality standards. The applicant must pay close attention to detail while working in a high-volume, fast moving, quality oriented, and high-stress environment.
- Initiative: Applicant must be self-motivated and be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment.
- Technical Ability: The applicant must have experience removing and replacing PTH components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, integrated circuits, transistors, switches, fuses, connectors, transformers, inductors, LED's) and SMT components (discrete components, gullwing and J Lead components). Applicant must have experience with SMT fine pitch components (lead width < 50 mil). Applicant must have experience performing stranded and/or solid wire modifications. Must have experience identifying common component and soldering defects, including the proper use of flux and PCB cleaning.
- Must have completed (or be able to complete): ADTRAN Level 3 Solder Certification, X-Ray training, Ersascope training, BGA removal and replacement training, QFN removal and replacement training, and IPC Certification.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills required.
- BaaN Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1-5 years of pervious experience in electric or mechanical manufacturing environment required.
- 1st shift position; Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm.
- Physical: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and whole body movement. The employee must walk and stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 35 pounds with out assistance on a repetitive basis and lift materials greater than 35 pounds with assistance. Manual dexterity with hands and fingers is necessary to make quick, precisely coordinated movements to grasp, manipulate, and assemble very small objects on a consistent basis. Must be able to frequently extend or reach with hands and arms while performing routine job functions including: scanners, hand tools, power tools, and production equipment. The job will require occasional climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Sensory: The job will require the employee to possess the ability to see and interpret instructions, warnings, safety hazards, colors, and procedures, the ability to hear alarms and pages, to listen for safety hazards, to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences in English, and the ability to communicate with peers through spoken words in English to complete job requirements.
- Environmental:Employees may be exposed to solder fumes. Eye protection, respirators, and safety clothing will be required and supplied by the company in instances where there is exposure to safety hazards.
- Mental/Reasoning: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, understand, and interpret written sentences, paragraphs, and instructions in English for work related documents. This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. The employee is regularly required to use critical reasoning to make rational decisions. The employee is regularly required to perform basic mathematical problems for work related functions.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).