Acme Brick Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Acme Brick Company
“Join the Acme Brick Family”
Acme Brick Company (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
We are currently seeking a “best in class” Electrician that will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all electrical system, components and equipment of buildings, machinery and grounds. The ideal candidate has a natural ability to roll with the punches, being flexible to handle anything that might come their way. You will be a strong and reliable support to company operations, maintaining procedures, communication and customer service. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve organizational efficiency, you will nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) This is a safety sensitive position
- Ensure electrical operation of machinery and equipment on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work order to perform required maintenance and service
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and handling equipment in performing duties
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory
- Follow all required work safe practices including lock-out tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and other standards
- Knowledge of power/hand tools
- Extensive knowledge of PLC’s, VFD’s, instrumentation and motor control circuits
- Must be able to lift 25-50 pounds regularly
Competencies Required for Success
- Demonstrated prioritization / time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent; OR one to three Years related experience AND/OR training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.