Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- 05-Sep-2019 to 04-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
3-GIS is an award winning global geospatial software development and services delivery company. We provide software products and solutions to the Fiber Telecommunications Industry.
We are located in the historic section of Decatur, AL - right on the river. We guarantee a great employment experience and continued growth opportunities. Most of all, we guarantee fun in a flexible work environment!!! Unfortunately, telecommuting is not acceptable for this position - please do not apply if that is your intent.
As the project manager, your job is to plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of the specific project you are working on. Project managers may work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as other departments for support.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop trackable comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate with various managers, technical personnel and third party vendors during all project phases
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Assist in ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Bachelors Degree, in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering, or a related field
- Two (2) Years Experience in Project Management in the IT sector
- Solid technical background
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of office software and office software tools
- Strong organizational skills
- PMP/PRINCE II Certification
- GIS Certification
- Telecommunication (Fiber Optic) experience
- Understanding and/or hands-on experience in automated mapping/facilities management
- Experience with Esri software, database language and/or programming language is a plus
3-GIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer